Commission Europenne du Danube. Protocole No CXLIX. Seance du 17 October 1862
CHEVALIER DE BECKE, M. ENGELHARDT, BARON D'OFFENBERG, M. SAINT-PIERRE, MAJOR STOKES, CHEVALIER M. STRAMBIO, 1862.
Paperback. Folio. (34 x 22 cm). In French. 6 p.
First edition of the session of October 17, 1862, of this official printed 139th protocol in French of the agreement in which the Danube Commission was accepted to be established which was authorized by the Treaty of Paris (1856) after the close of the Crimean War, between the Ottoman Empire, the United Kingdom, and France, which won the Crimean War with Russia.
The European Commission of the Danube, or, in French, Commission Européenne du Danube, the CED is one of the Commissions of the Danube River authorized by the Treaty of Paris (1856) after the close of the Crimean War. The CED had authority over the three mouths of the river - the Chilia in the north, the Sulina in the middle, and St. George in the south which was originally designed to last for only two years. Instead, it lasted eighty-two years. A separate commission, the International Danube Commission, or IDC, was authorized to control commerce and improvements upriver beyond the Danube Delta and was supposed to be permanent, but it was not formally organized until after 1918. (Wikipedia).
Not found in OCLC.